Creating original and enriching existing community events is a priority for the Bay Area Track Club. We leverage our elite athletes’ presence as role models and counselors to local youth, high school, and adult runners. To successfully promote fitness and health to the Bay Area, we dedicate program resources to creating compelling community events.
These events serve many people in various locations, provide valuable services to all ages, and connect elite athletes with the community that supports them. Runners of all levels benefit from this connection with elite track and field athletes.
- High School Track & Field Clinic -- The Club traveled out to Campolindo high school to work with over a hundred high school and middle school student athletes.
- CAIS Visit -- Shannon met with students at the Chinese American International school to talk about her Olympic experience.
- Fall 2010 Marathon Speaker Series -- Magda and Peter spoke at three separate sessions at the Sports Basement Presidio about marathon training, nutrition, and race day mentality.
- Nueva School Outreach -- Peter visited the Nueva School Cross Country team to talk with them about ways to improve their running and fitness.
- Buena Vista Middle School Clinic -- Blake joined a group of 30 middle schoolers for a track workout and some Q&A.
- The Critical, Non-Essentials of Running -- Tim provides his thoughts on the little things runners can do, other than just running, to improve performance.
- Run for Something Better -- Magda and Peter guided hundreds of San Francisco youth through a running and training program.
- The Sanctuary on 8th Street Talk -- Magda teamed up with Samia Akbar and Phil Wharton to present a special program to a group of inner city youth.
- Eating Healthy to Support Your Sport -- Clara traveled to the Hamlin School to deliver a talk to 90 middle school girls.
- Innersport Marathon Training Clinic -- Magda and Peter discussed having "ruthless positivity" to a group training for the Oakland Marathon.
- Rancho Elementary School Assembly -- Magda traveled to Novato, CA to speak to elementary school kids about her life, training, and the Olympic journey.
- De La Salle Track & Field Clinic -- Magda and Tom coached youth track & field athletes through drills, core exercises, and racing tactics. Other athletes in attendance were Olympians Grace Upshaw (long jump), Kristin Heaston (shot put), Suzy Powell (discus), Erica McLain (triple jump), and Tye Harvey (pole vault).
If you are interested in volunteering at a BATC event, or if you would like to request the presence of BATC athletes at your camp, clinic, race, or event, please reach out to us through our Contact page. A member of our team will follow-up with you.